Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Vegan Spice Cake with Buttercream/Cream Cheese Frosting

I love to make cakes!  Love it!  Love it!  Love it! Here are few pictures of the cakes of the past.


Vegan Chocolate with butter cream filling with vegan chocolate cream cheese icing.  It was to die for and so rich it could have owned its own boat!










Tribute to University of Louisville for my friend's birthday.  He loves UofL.  The bottom layer is a white cake with buttercream topped with a chocolate football with chocolate buttercream icing.  All vegan.










A simple vegan chocolate cake w/ (gasp) store bought icing for my birthday last year.  I took this one to work.











This is the other cake I made for my birthday party.  It says "Ladies Night" and the layers completely fell apart.  That's what I get for not letting them cool all the way.  I get way ahead of myself.  This is vegan chocolate with vegan chocolate cream cheese icing.








This is my cake graveyard that I made for the 3rd Friday the 13th we had in 2009.  Its vegan chocolate with store bought (gasp again) icing and Hershey sections as tombstones.







This is a corset cake for my friend's personal shower.  She loves corsets and so do I. This is vegan spice cake with vegan cream cheese icing and vegan buttercream decorations.  The cream cheese icing didn't turn out too well and some of the stays in the corset are off, but hey - she loved it!  :)








This is my latest cake for the birthday of a co-worker.  This is a vegan spice cake with buttercream/cream cheese frosting (a simple buttercream recipe with 8 oz of cream cheese added, I think I could have used 10-12oz but 8 is all I had).  It is topped with ginger hard candies (rose shaped) that my roommate made especially.







I used a texture tool that I got for Christmas for the edges.  The problem was that 2 of my cake pans are bigger than the 1 so I had a tower affect going on.  Very difficult to do with a texture tool consistently.  Once I get 2 pans that match my Wilton 8", it'll turn out much better.





Top view.

No comments:

Post a Comment