Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Stuffed Bell Peppers

This is a recipe my vegan friend and I made on Jan 16th from a cookbook called Vegan Planet by Robin Robertson.
Its made with sweet peppers, stuffed with a corn meal mush (I forget the actual name) infused with olive oil, garlic, onion, roasted red peppers and spices.  Then you bake then for about 25 mins and enjoy.
We also put some rosemary bread with it (bought at Whole Foods), which complimented the flavor tremendously, and fresh steamed asparagus.
 
As you can see, they're hard to eat with a knife and fork!

2 comments:

  1. Hi everyone! I am the aforementioned vegan friend whose delight it was to share this meal with the author! The recipe is from the cookbook Vegan Planet, and the cornmeal mush is called polenta, of course. Also, it was sundried tomatos (we had to use oven-roasted, actually)in the polenta, not roasted red pepper. Fabulous recipe--I hope to make it again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for pointing that out! Why did I type pepper instead of tomato? The world may never know!

    ReplyDelete